ExecQBit is a Data warehousing solution which allows ERP Syspro users to analyse transactional data in in a dynamic, interactive and flexible fashion so as to be able to view trends and problem areas and make the necessary business decisions.
ExecQBit was originally created to cater for allowing you to Analyse Syspro without having to write reports or extract data into spreadsheets so that it can be analysed.
ExecQBit Started by only analysing the Sales Information out of Syspro but has added other areas of analysis which you can see in the features list.
ExecQBit consists of the following primary components:
- Data Warehouse Service
- Client Analysis Component
Data Warehouse Service is the service which keeps the Data Warehouse up to date.
Analysis Component the program that the user uses to analyse the Data Warehouse.
Data Warehouse Service
- Works with all versions of SYSPRO.
- Extracts Syspro transaction from either the SQL database or CISAM flat file structures into a SQL data warehouse.
- This can be scheduled to run at any time, once daily or every couple of minutes.
- The data warehouse keeps track of which were the last transactions imported and only imports new transactions making it very quick.
- The data being imported can be redefined into other meaningful dimensions of analysis (e.g. take a Product Class of 4 characters “ABCD” and redefine it into 2 extra dimensions the first 2 characters “AB” and the last 2 characters “CD” becoming individual analysis dimensions in their own right).
- Secure users down to which areas of analysis they have the rights to view.
- Should the data have been changed in Syspro, the data warehouse will keep the historical data in sync (e.g. a Customer gets allocated to a new Representative and you want to roll all that Customers history to the new Representative).
- Should you have made major changes to Syspro’s coding structures this can be changed in the warehouse history (i.e. only applies to Customer number and Stock Code number changes).
Client Analysis Component
- Areas of Analysis
- Sales Analysis
- Analyse your sales by multiple dimensions (e.g. Branch/Customer/Stock etc)
- Analyse your sales by multiple value measures (e.g. Quantity/Sales Value/Profit Value etc)
- Analyse your sales by multiple time measures
- Financial Year (YYYY)
- Financial Quarter (YYYY/MM)
- Financial Period (MM)
- Compare your current sales against sales in previous years.
- Sales Budget Maintenance
- Build budgets from historical sales data.
- Create multiple slices of budgets (e.g. each Representative maintains their own budget)
- Combine multiple slices of budgets into one global budget.
- Spreadsheet type manipulation of budgets
- Changes to total figures realigns the underlying data that makes up this total in their relative proportions.
- Do global changes to data by identifying which dimensions your changes must apply to (e.g. Increase our selling prices by 5% for the last 6 months of the year but only these product lines).
- Analyse the budgets in the Sales Analysis comparing actuals vs budgets.
- Inventory Movement Analysis
- Analyse all inventory movement (e.g. Receipts/Transfers/Sales etc)
- Gives you a stock valuation by any of the dimensions (e.g. Company/Warehouse/Product Class/Stock Code etc)
- Sales Orders Analysis
- Analyse what you’ve got in your Order Book, very similar information to the Sales Analysis.
- Purchase Orders Analysis
- Analyse what you’ve got in your Purchase Order book.
- Inventory Forecasting Analysis
- Let this module work out your buying requirements based on business rules that can be defined at a Company level and a Product Class level and at the lowest level the Stock Code.
- Uses algorithms to look at trends and your business rules to give you a suggested order to meet requirements.
- Debtor Analysis
- Analyse your debtors to see where you are most exposed.
- Analyse your debtors by multiple dimensions (e.g. Branch, Representative, Customer etc)
- Drill down to the individual transactions that make up the figures.
- General Ledger Analysis
- Take your structured General Ledger Codes and redefine them into meaningful Analysis dimensions.
- Create your own groups of General Ledger codes.
- Analyse actual figures against historical figures.
General features across all the areas of analysis
- Only works with the ERP Syspro solution.
- The client analysis is via a OLAP cube which allows you to slice and dice your dimensions on the fly, by allowing you to drag and drop dimensions to a different position in the analysis giving you a different view of the data (e.g. you could look Customer/Stock Code which shows the Customers and what Stock Codes they have been buying from you, and by just switching the two around Stock Code/Customer you get a view of Stock Code and which Customers are buying it).
- Drill down on the displayed data to view the transactions that make up the figure.
- Create your own groups by taking a dimension and identifying specific elements of that dimension, which makes up your group. (e.g. you might want to analyse how a chain of customer stores is contributing, but each customer store is identified as a customer. Fine take each of those customers and make them part of one group allowing you to now analyse how the chain store is doing from a group perspective).
- When doing an analysis and you do the same analysis on a regular basis jus save your OLAP cube. This saved cube can be called back at any time the data will be refreshed with the current data from the Data Warehouse (like running saved reports).
- Export your data out of your analysis to Excel or a comma separated test file.